I already know that there are some goals that I set that will be impossible to reach, some hurt more than others. But, I also know that I have reached or am on my way to reaching the majority of my goals! So let's start reviewing, shall we?
- Participate in at least two running relays. Not sure if this will happen. I had to DNS one relay because of my injury but I did race Seneca7 again for the third year in a row!
- Race in two new states. Halfway done! Raced in New Hampshire in February.
- Run my 4th marathon (not during our Ironman). We are registered for the Philly Marathon in November!
- Run two trail races. Check! CJ's Resolution Challenge, Mess the Dress and Muddy Sneaker.
- Continue to run trails as often as possible (we have Thursdays planned during Ironman training). I would say we have run a lot of trails. I had to stop for awhile because of my injury but then we continued running them. With mileage increasing for Ironman training we haven't been running trails every week, but we still incorporate it in our training!
- Run a 20 miler on trails. Most likely not happening this year. The furthest I've run on trails is 16.13 miles and then I became injured.
- PR at least one race distance. Haven't yet. I have a few opportunities coming up.
Half at the Hamptons, Seneca7 and Muddy Sneaker
- Finish an Ironman. Working on it. Less than two months until race day!
- Finish an Ironman in under 15 hours. Here's hoping. The main reason for this is so I can qualify to register for this.
- Compete in a swim-only event. Not sure if this will happen. I was looking at one race, but it's a week after our Ironman.
- Become faster on the bike, I'd like to hold at least 16mph during our Ironman. I guess I'm getting faster. I held 15.9mph during our 100 mile tri. We'll see!
- Ride around at least two of the Finger Lakes. Check! We've ridden around Canandaigua Lake, Seneca Lake and Keuka Lake. We may get one or two more lakes done this summer!
- Complete my first Century (100 mile ride), not during our Ironman. Our first 100 mile ride is THIS Sunday! We have another one planned in a few weeks.
- Become comfortable with general maintenance of my bike, actually learn how to change a tube! Still not as comfortable as I would like, BUT I went to a fix a flat clinic and have practiced changing a flat a few times. I still need to practice more.
- Swim a total of 150 miles, bike a total of 2,500 miles and run a total of 1,250 miles. Currently at 58.26 swim miles, 1,969.48 bike miles and 513.71 run miles. I am going to CRUSH my bike goal, I should get my swim goal and as long as I get over 1,000 run miles I will be happy. My injury made it so that I will probably not get 1,250 miles, but we'll see!
- Train and race with friends as often as possible, we'll need them during Ironman training! I am the proudest of this goal! We have raced with so many friends, and we haven't even raced that much this year. We have also trained with a lot of people during swims, rides and runs. They will never know how much it means to me to have them with us while training for our Ironman!
- See Crystal (and Joe) every month until they move. Of all of my goals, this is the one I am the most upset about. Crystal and Joe moved to Alaska in June and we saw them in January, February and May. I miss them everyday, but we have plans to visit them next summer!
- Remain injury-free. Unfortunately, no. I was injured at the beginning of the year for a little while.
- Volunteer at a race at least once. We are signed up to volunteer at the Beast of Burden 100 and 50 Milers with our friend, Rob, in August! And we'll probably volunteer at the 100 Mile Tri in October.
- Organize our race medals and start scrapbooking our triathlon photos. Haven't started this yet. Maybe when I'm not working again next month.
- Go cross country skiing with friends. Check! We went cross country skiing with our friends, Sarah and Mark, in February.
That's it, that's what I've accomplished these past 6 months. Here's to the rest of the year!