I actually got sick over the weekend so I haven't added much mileage to my final year totals, but that's alright. There is, literally, next year!
I had a lot of goals in 2013, and even though I didn't accomplish all of them, I did accomplish most of them. 2014, is going to be a bit different. It is going to be the year of the Ironman. We start training on March 10th (really the 11th since Monday is always an "off" day) and the race is on August 24th, that's 6 months out of the year right there. We'll still technically be in our off season in January and February, but we need to start base building with swimming and biking.
We also won't be racing as much in 2014. I raced 29 races in 2012, 20 in 2013 and so far we only have 12 planned for 2014. I'm sure there will be a few more here and there but I doubt we'll top 20 races.
So, for that reason I am going to have less goals in 2014, but I think that they are "bigger" in the grand scheme of things. And we are finally going to be in the year of the Ironman, the race we have had our eyes on since we started Week 1 Day 1 of Couch-to-5K back in April 2011!
- Participate in at least two running relays.
- Race in two new states.
- Run my 4th marathon (not during our Ironman).
- Run two trail races.
- Continue to run trails as often as possible (we have Thursdays planned during Ironman training).
- Run a 20 miler on trails.
- PR at least one race distance.
- Finish an Ironman.
- Finish an Ironman in under 15 hours.
- Compete in a swim-only event.
- Become faster on the bike, I'd like to hold at least 16mph during our Ironman.
- Ride around at least two of the Finger Lakes.
- Complete my first Century (100 mile ride), not during our Ironman.
- Become comfortable with general maintenance of my bike, actually learn how to change a tube!
- Swim a total of 150 miles, bike a total of 2,500 miles and run a total of 1,250 miles.
- Train and race with friends as often as possible, we'll need them during Ironman training!
- See Crystal (and Joe) every month until they move.
- Remain injury-free.
- Volunteer at a race at least once.
- Organize our race medals and start scrapbooking our triathlon photos.
- Go cross country skiing with friends.
There you have it! Those are the goals I am going to try to accomplish in 2014!