I'm going to do the same thing that I did last year with my goals, and re-vist/re-evaluate them now that we are halfway through the year. I don't think I am going to accomplish as many of my goals as I did last year, but there still is plenty of time.
- Run a smarter and faster marathon than Wineglass. Check, the Cleveland Marathon.
- Run a sub-5 hour marathon, at least once. Check, my current PR is 4:46:58
- Run a sub-2 hour half marathon. I WILL do this if it is the only thing I accomplish in 2013. Working on this, my sub-2 attempt is in September.
- PR in the 5K with a 24:xx time. Not yet, but we might race a 5K in a few weeks.
- PR in the 10K with a 53:xx time. Not yet, I ran a PR of 54:42 in Boston.
- Run a 30K, automatic PR. Check! Around the Bay 30K completed.
- Finish a marathon with Mike by my side. He might need some convincing but I hope he will run the MDI marathon next to me, rather than ahead of me. Not yet, I'm still working on this.
- Run at least two races with friends by my side, whether I am pacing them, they are pacing me or it is just for fun. Check! We paced Crystal at her marathon and Amber paced me at Flower City half.
- Participate in at least three running relays, gotta keep up my status as a relayniac! This is probably not going to happen, we've done one so far and have one scheduled.
- Race in at least two new states. Halfway there, Ohio is done and we have Vermont and Maine scheduled.
- Volunteer at a race at least once. We will be volunteering in three weeks.
- Be Mike's cheerleader at a race where only he is participating. He did this twice for me this year and I need to return the favor, hopefully he picks a race that I won't be too jealous I'm not running! Does the Corporate Challenge count? This may happen if he doesn't do Musselman.
- Run 1,500 miles for the year. I'm currently at a little over 610 miles, I don't think I'll hit 1,500 it may be closer to 1,300 miles.
- Race at least 13 times, I'm doing 13 in 2013 (variety of distances). So far I have raced 9 times this year and we have five more races we are registered for.
- Run another trail race. Not yet and we don't have one planned.
- Complete a 70.3 distance triathlon, with a smile on my face. On my way there, Musselman is in less than two weeks!
- Participate in at least four USAT sanctioned events. This is mainly so that becoming a USAT member was worth it! So far we have done two events with two more scheduled.
- Compete in a cycling-only event. Most likely not happening this year.
- Compete in a triathlon on a relay team. We are registered to do the HITS Hunter Mountain 70.3 relay with Crystal. I'll swim, Mike will bike and Crystal will run.
- Go for a group bike ride. I'm counting my 60 mile ride with Solveig as a "group" ride.
- Ride around at least two more of the Finger Lakes. Not yet, but I know we will.
- Become comfortable with general maintenance of my bike, and buy accessories that we need for them. We bought new bikes, so I am not comfortable with it yet.
- Become faster on the bike, my weakest leg of the triathlon. Check, but I can still be faster!
- Swim, bike and run a total of 2,013 miles for the year (with my goal of 1,500 for running that means I need to swim and bike a total of 513 miles). I will achieve this most likely, I am at a total of 1,631.78 miles so far.
- Remain injury free! I think this is a yearly goal. Other than some hip issues after our marathon, so far so good.
- Organize and display our race bibs and medals. Halfway there! I put our bibs on a bib display board.
- Start scrapbooking our running/triathlon journey. I fell off the wagon with scrapbooking and hopefully this will get me back in the groove! Not yet.
- Strength train as much as possible. We were doing well before 70.3 training started and we'll start back up in the late fall/winter.
So I guess overall I am doing pretty well. There are a few goals that I probably will not complete and the 1,500 running mile goal is going to be hard to achieve. As long as I am well over 1,000 miles I will be happy and I'll try for 1,500 miles again next year!
How are you doing with your goals?