Mike and I are heading out today to run, hopefully, the Hyannis Marathon relay. Other New England races are already being canceled or postponed because of this, yet another, weekend storm.
The race director for Hyannis and the Barnstable police haven't made a decision yet, but I'm 90% sure that the race will go on.
The email from the race director this morning said, "I have had a conference with the Barnstable Police Department this morning and we have decided to hold off until 4:00pm on Saturday to make a decision. The snow on the Cape is expected to be light with rain but there is a possibility of very high winds - as high as 50 miles per hour and this would be my reason for canceling the event".
Right now weather.com says rain/wind, with the wind at 37 mph, and 41 degrees. I won't mind the temperature but the rain could put a damper on things. And with the wind, it won't feel like 41 degrees on the coast that's for sure.
Either way, we're ready. Crystal and I have our red sparkle skirts and we both got haircuts.
I haven't had a haircut since 2011, not even a trim
Mike and I are read to rock team, "Drove From New York to Run with a Dork" and sherpa like the best of them.
Maybe this should have been our team name?
Are you racing this weekend or did your race get canceled?