I called 2012 the year of the marathon and 2013 is going to be the year of triathlons, with some marathons thrown in there for good measure!
- Run a smarter and faster marathon than Wineglass.
- Run a sub-5 hour marathon, at least once.
- Run a sub-2 hour half marathon. I WILL do this if it is the only thing I accomplish in 2013.
- PR in the 5K with a 24:xx time.
- PR in the 10K with a 53:xx time.
- Run a 30K, automatic PR.
- Finish a marathon with Mike by my side. He might need some convincing but I hope he will run the MDI marathon next to me, rather than ahead of me.
- Run at least two races with friends by my side, whether I am pacing them, they are pacing me or it is just for fun.
- Participate in at least three running relays, gotta keep up my status as a relayniac!
- Race in at least two new states.
- Volunteer at a race at least once.
- Be Mike's cheerleader at a race where only he is participating. He did this twice for me this year and I need to return the favor, hopefully he picks a race that I won't be too jealous I'm not running!
- Run 1,500 miles for the year.
- Race at least 13 times, I'm doing 13 in 2013 (variety of distances).
- Run another trail race.
- Complete a 70.3 distance triathlon, with a smile on my face.
- Participate in at least four USAT sanctioned events. This is mainly so that becoming a USAT member was worth it!
- Compete in a cycling-only event.
- Compete in a triathlon on a relay team.
- Go for a group bike ride.
- Ride around at least two more of the Finger Lakes.
- Become comfortable with general maintenance of my bike, and buy accessories that we need for them.
- Become faster on the bike, my weakest leg of the triathlon.
- Swim, bike and run a total of 2,013 miles for the year (with my goal of 1,500 for running that means I need to swim and bike a total of 513 miles).
- Remain injury free! I think this is a yearly goal.
- Organize and display our race bibs and medals.
- Start scrapbooking our running/triathlon journey. I fell off the wagon with scrapbooking and hopefully this will get me back in the groove!
- Strength train as much as possible.
What are your goals for 2013?