You better believe that I am compressing it up the entire week, and during the marathon. If you didn't know, I LOVE compression gear! Seriously, if I could wear it to work and have it be alright I probably would. Oh wait, I already do.
Looks pretty normal..
Oh look lovely compression socks! (and not sure why my camera flipped perspective!)
I've already told you that Aspaeris Pivot Shorts is a sponsor for the female runners on our Reach the Beach: New Jersey team (that finally has 12 runners, yay!) but I haven't told you that PRO Compression is also our sponsor!
Why should triathletes, runners and endurance athletes use PRO Compression socks?
Your feet and legs are your engine. Anything less than peak performance and full recovery means unnecessary discomfort while operating at less than your best. Change all of that with the advanced design and materials that make PRO Compression socks your ultimate recovery tool.
Beyond traditional high compression, be sure to check out our specialized running sock. The innovative design, lightweight construction and stabilizing zone make it one of the most comfortable, yet effective, running socks available. (Taken directly from the PRO Compression website)
Mike and I already owned one pair of PRO Compression socks each, I saw a sale on Schwaggle and took advantage of it.
A photo I never showed you from Skunk Cabbage
PRO Compression was so generous that they provided each runner on our team two pairs of socks to use during training and the relay. I decided on neon yellow, good for night runs, and black, good for disguising as appropriate work attire. Mike already owned a pair of neon green so he went with black and red.
Now on to the good stuff, the pros and cons of these bad boys!
- They come in a lot of fun colors, so you can match them to your outfit (obviously important to me, see the above photo).
- If you join their mailing list you will receive emails about a "Sock of the Month" that is offered at a discount price.
- PRO Compression socks feel great during training runs and after. I wear them for training and recovery and I have been known to wear them two days in a row! Not ashamed one bit.
- Their price is on par with other compression socks available and with the occasional discount you can get them for cheaper than other brands.
- Figuring out the right size can be tricky. Mike and I both went down a size when we received our socks for Reach the Beach as compared to when we bought them on our own (although Mike did one in LXL and one in SM and wishes he did both in SM).
- We went down a size because of the compression but also because the socks go above your knees! We still have to fold them over a little bit at the top, but not as much as with the larger sizes.
All in all, I love these socks and I am really happy that PRO Compression is one of our sponsors for Reach the Beach!
Do you love compression socks?
PRO Compression is a sponsor of our Reach the Beach: New Jersey relay team and they provided each of us with two pairs of socks to wear. I was not compensated for this review and all opinions, as always, are my own.