See? Compression gear and I was wearing socks too!
I can't even remember the last time that I ran a race or did a long run without some kind of compression gear on, including yesterday's 18 miler (new PDR). I love all of my compression shorts but my favorite has to be my Aspaeris Pivot Shorts. My mom bought me a pair for Christmas and it was love at first wear!
That's why I am really excited to announce that Aspaeris has agreed to be a product sponsor for the female runners on our Reach the Beach relay team, "Better than GTL : RES Repeat"! They have generously provided each of us with some shorts to use during our training and the relay! Sorry to the guys on our team, but these shorts are just for women.
In my honest opinion, Aspaeris Pivot Shorts are AMAZING! I think that the website's description of the shorts speaks for itself:
Aspaeris Pivot Shorts™ have been specifically engineered to help developing women athletes. The patent pending technology uses Dual Sensory Compression™ in key compression zones that guide knees into the proper position, acting as a guide that creates muscle memory. This, coupled with a second layer of overall compression leads to proper joint "loading," to help you avoid injury and improve performance as your legs move more efficiently.
Since I am one of the lucky team members who already owns a pair, or three, of pivot shorts I have had the opportunity to wear them during and after numerous training runs and races. I wore them during the Rock 'n' Roll Chicago Half Marathon and the race where I got my 5K PR!
Here are the pros and cons of Aspaeris Pivot Shorts:
- They come in four different colors (blue, black, white and red) so you can match them to almost any outfit.
- The shorts are tiny, but fit, so they don't take up a lot of room in your suitcase while traveling.
- They are made of wicking material so you can wear them during long runs.
- You don't chafe while wearing them.
- They properly align your body in order to help prevent/decrease injuries to your knees and hips.
- They are tiny so it might be hard to determine a size, if you are in between go with the bigger size.
- They are a little bit expensive but the company has an introductory discount code and offers great deals on their Facebook page, plus they are worth the price.
- You will want to wear them all the time and won't have enough clean pairs to go around!
I am really excited that Aspaeris is our product sponsor and I can't wait to see how the rest of our team likes the shorts! If you want to check in on their training check out their blogs:
Megan - Run Like a Grl
Alex - Healthy Life Happy Wife
Sarah - Mom Running on Empty
Colleen - The Chocolate Mile
Have you tried Aspaeris pivot shorts, yet?
Aspaeris is a product sponsor for our relay team in exchange for product reviews. The opinions expressed in this post are, as always, my own.