This also means that I have had six months to accomplish, and not accomplish, some of my goals for the year. I have accomplished a lot more than I thought I would have by now, but there are some goals that I need to reevaluate (or re-evaluate but Microsoft Word said I was right the first way).
Let's take a look at the goals that I have accomplished so far, shall we?
New 5K PR!
- Crush my current 10K PR with a sub-1 hour time. I did this at one of the Freezeroo races and during the Around the Bay 30K relay.
- PR in the 5K with a 25:xx time. New 5K PR of 25:53 happened at this race.
- Train with other runners (not including Mike, Mike's mom or my mom). This has happened numerous times! We ran with Rena and her boyfriend, some Winter Warriors, Eric and his wife and eager trail runners at the #trailsroc meetup.
- Volunteer at a race. Completed and we will probably volunteer two more times!
Finishing my first tri!
- Compete in a duathlon. Check, Formula 1 distance no less!
- Compete in a triathlon or two. Another check and we are signed up for our second triathlon in September.
My typical clean food challenge breakfast
- Try a clean food cleanse and/or a juice cleanse. I wasn't 100% successful but I did it.
In Progress Goals
- Run a smart, well-trained marathon, more specifically Wineglass on September 30, 2012. We are training and for the most part it is going well!
- Run a sub-4:45 marathon! My goal marathon paces are between 9:38 and 10:14, which would get me a 4:12 and 4:27 marathon, respectively.
- Run a sub-2 hour half marathon. I'm hoping this will happen in Chicago, we shall see!
- Finish a 15K race (automatic PR), this will most likely happen at the Spring Forward 15K or the Boilermaker. We didn't run the Spring Forward but we are running the Boilermaker this Sunday.
- Run in a race every month of 2012. So far so good and we are registered in at least one race a month through October.
- Run races in two new states. We are registered for races in Illinois, New Jersey and Massachusetts.
- Run 1,000 miles the entire year. I have 572.59 miles to go and with marathon training just starting I know I will hit 1,000 miles.
My bike, sorry no name!
- Become comfortable using my bike and general maintenance of it. I'm comfortable on my bike, but not the maintenance. I need to take a class!
- Drink more water!! Doing well so far, I could increase the amount still though.
- Remain injury free! Other than a few tweaks here and there, I have felt good.
- Train with other triathletes. This could, big could, still happen. If it doesn't I'm not too concerned because we have run with so many other people!
I love Jillian!
- Strength train twice a week. I was doing well with this for awhile and then I stopped. Mike and I have started doing Jillian Michaels 6 Week Six-Pack DVD so as long as we strength train as much as possible I will be happy!
- Try a new recipe once a week and only go out to eat on special occasions. We were doing really well and then life happened and we missed a few weeks. As long as we try 52 new recipes for the entire year I will consider this a success! We also dropped the ball on only going out to eat on special occasions but the amount is drastically reduced!
- By the end of the year stop drinking soda. There are still 6 months left in the year but honestly I knew this was going to be a long shot. I have reduced the amount of soda that I drink by a considerable amount, but I really doubt that I am going to give it up completely.
Overall I am really happy with how I am doing this year and I know that I will achieve most of my goals for the year.
How are you doing with your goals this year?